Finally, you can decide what to do with the original files after archiving.
- Change OS X's Archive Utility Preferences.
- Mac Use Archive Utility preferences for control over archives.
- Apple Footer!
- free app mac download youtube.
- Understanding Compressed Files and Apple’s Archive Utility!
- copytrans pour mac os x.
The default is to leave the files alone, but you can optionally move them to the Trash or even delete them outright. If you want even more control over how archives work on your Mac, you could use The Unarchiver , a Mac-exclusive open source alternative archiver application.
macOS Sierra Compress "file" settings - Apple Community
The Best Tech Newsletter Anywhere. Join , subscribers and get a daily digest of news, comics, trivia, reviews, and more. Windows Mac iPhone Android. Smarthome Office Security Linux. There's no help available for the dialog, but I would expect this would control the behavior we're seeing.
OS X: Secrets of the Archive Utility
In mine, the check box is clear unchecked , yet I see the same problem you do: This drives me batty. I've tried creating archives with the box checked and with the box unchecked.
Either way, a Finder window still opens. Page content loaded.
Nov 2, Nov 14, 7: Dec 14, Same problem here, was hoping that it would resolve with this Jan 3, 6: I have this problem also, I used the preferences in Archive Utility to turn on the 'Reveal' setting then quit and re-opened and unchecked the setting. No difference, the archive is still revealed. An article to be read: Compress or uncompress files and folders. Dec 15, 5: This bug has been driving me bananas. More Less.
- Let’s Get All Fancy-like!
- finder - macOS Sierra Archive Utility compress popping up new windows - Ask Different.
- bootcamp mac pro windows 8.
- Beyond .zip: Secrets of the Archive Utility.
- google drive settings on mac.
- Q: How do I make a zip file on my Mac?!
Communities Contact Support. Sign in. Browse Search. Ask a question.
The Archive Utility Offers a Wide Array of Options
User profile for user: Hello, all! I have downloaded and enjoy Zipeg. How can I change my default to Zipeg? Question marked as Solved User profile for user: Linc Davis Linc Davis. Notebooks Speciality level out of ten: